Grade 7: £36,024 - £44,263 per annum
Fixed-term contract for one year, full time
As Media Manager, you will be an integral part of our Media Relations team, responsible for shaping and delivering the School's communications strategy. Your role will involve managing the public profile of the School both domestically and internationally, ensuring that our world-class research, student achievements and mission are effectively communicated in the media.
- Shape and deliver the School’s communications strategy.
- Oversee, write and edit a variety of content including pitches, press notices, website news stories, social media posts and more.
- Act as the first point of contact for journalist enquiries, managing them through to completion.
- Utilise tools like Google Analytics to evaluate the impact of media work and inform future strategies.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with national news desks, trade media and business education correspondents.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate extensive communication expertise in print, digital and social media, with a track record of securing media coverage internationally, nationally and in trade media. Strong writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to convey complex concepts to a non-specialist audience are crucial.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 26 February 2024 at 12.00 noon.