Grade 8: £45,585 - £54,395 per annum
Fixed-term contract to 31 July 2027, full time
The Skoll Centre
, which sits within Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, has a 20-year history of equipping entrepreneurial leaders for impact within and beyond business. Our success has attracted renewed funding which will enable us to extend our work beyond social entrepreneurship.
Our new strategy involves developing research-led insights on how to lead, organise, finance, measure, and scale systemic change, which will fuel learning programmes for students at Oxford and entrepreneurial leaders globally. The strategy is underpinned by a new organisational structure, and we are now looking for five people to complete that structure. To ensure we do this in a coherent and effective way, we are advertising three senior posts first, with two junior posts to be published shortly.
If you have the skills and expertise to help take the Skoll Centre through its next phase of growth, we very much want to hear from you. Marya Besharov
, the Centre’s Academic Director, would be pleased to talk to you about the role(s) you might be interested in and the career development opportunities that working at the Skoll Centre provides.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the Senior Manager for Impact Education will work closely with the Academic Director and Deputy Director to advance the Centre’s mission by setting strategic direction for the impact education portfolio, leading impactful education programmes, and fostering partnerships with internal and external collaborators.
- Ensure integration and alignment of Skoll Centre educational activities with relevant curricular and co-curricular programmes.
- Develop and manage the impact education portfolio’s priorities, success measures, and an annual workplan and budget.
- Recruit and manage staff within the impact education portfolio, supporting their professional development.
- Identify and secure new funding sources to advance the Centre’s impact education strategy.
- Design and ensure delivery of existing impact education programmes, such as the Skoll Scholarship, Impact Lab, Map the System and AfOx Mastercard leadership development programme.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in developing and delivering interactive educational content and skills training, particularly in a co-curricular or elective context for postgraduate students. The candidate should demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in educational approaches for teaching social entrepreneurship, social innovation and systems change. Exceptional public speaking, presentation and group facilitation skills are required, along with a demonstrable commitment to user-centred programme design.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV and a Supporting Statement/Cover Letter.
The closing date for applications is 26 February 2024 at 12.00 noon. Interviews will take place starting on 5 March 2024.