Grade 7: £36,024 - £44,263 per annum
Fixed-term contract for 12 months, full time
The Data-Driven Decisions Lab (3DL) at Saïd Business School is at the forefront of advancing methodologies and quantitative frameworks that bridge theoretical predictions with practical applications. Under the leadership of Agni Orfanoudaki, we are seeking a talented and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to join our dynamic team and work in one or more of the following research areas: interpretable machine learning, healthcare analytics, algorithmic insurance and dynamic decision making.
- Manage academic research and administrative activities, coordinating multiple aspects of work to meet deadlines.
- Prepare analytical frameworks, propose novel generalisable algorithms, and conduct computational experiments using data from various sources.
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and collaborate in the preparation of research publications.
- Present papers at conferences or public meetings.
- Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars and carry out collaborative projects with colleagues in partner institutions and research groups.
You will hold a PhD/DPhil in Operations Research, Management Science, Operations Management or Industrial Engineering and demonstrate sufficient specialist knowledge to work within established research programmes. You must be able to independently manage academic research and associated activities. Additionally, you will have prior experience of contributing to publications and presentations, showcasing the capability to generate ideas for new research projects and research income, and exhibiting excellent communication skills, including writing for publication, presenting research proposals and results, and representing the research group at meetings.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 6 March 2024 at 12.00 noon.