Grade 4: £25,138 - £28,759 per annum
Permanent, full time
As Academic Events Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the Academic Events Team, supporting our faculty members in the delivery of a wide range of events, from academic conferences to seminars and research camps. We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented person to provide administrative support for event coordination and serve as the first point of contact for event-related queries.
- Act as the initial contact point for event queries, directing urgent or complex requests to the Academic Events Coordinator or Manager when necessary.
- Help arrange speaker visits, schedule seminars and meetings, book catering, handle AV equipment logistics, and coordinate complex travel arrangements for academic staff.
- Collaborate with faculty, keynote speakers, and staff to compile event information, create event pages on Atrium and the SBS website, draft event invites, and manage event logistics.
- Coordinate with other School departments (Catering, Reception, IT, Finance, and Facilities teams) to ensure seamless event execution.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support for financial matters, including purchase orders, expenses claims, and SAP Concur eExpenses.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in events administration, proven organizational and administrative abilities, meticulous attention to detail, and strong written and oral communication skills. The candidate should also enjoy collaboration with individuals at all levels to ensure high customer and client satisfaction, and have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Applicants must have the Right to Work within the UK as this position may not amount to enough points under the points-based immigration system in the UK. For more information please visit: https://www.jobs.ox.ac.uk/pre-employment-checks
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 1 December 2023 at 12.00 noon. Interviews will take place on 8 December 2023.