Grade 7: £36,024 - £44,263 per annum
Permanent, full time
We are seeking an exceptional Academic Events Manager to lead our newly established Academic Events Team. As the Academic Events Manager, you will play a pivotal role in strengthening and embedding the research culture within our School. You will be responsible for coordinating a diverse portfolio of events, ranging from academic conferences and workshops to weekly seminars and academic recruitment events.
- Lead the development and execution of an Academic Events Strategy, reflecting our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate closely with academic staff to plan and manage a demanding schedule of events.
- Manage event budgets and provide financial reporting.
- Develop an events communications strategy to raise the profile of our research areas and faculty-specific initiatives.
- Line manage and develop the Events Coordinator and Events Assistant.
The ideal candidate will have a substantial and proven background in events management. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to collaborate effectively with senior professionals and academic colleagues while building strong relationships with various stakeholders. Exceptional planning and organizational skills are essential, allowing for multitasking and meeting tight deadlines.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 4 December 2023 at 12.00 noon. Interviews will likely take place on either 11 or 12 December 2023.