Head of Research Support and Administration
Grade 8: £44,414 - £52,841 per annum
Saïd Business School is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the Head of Research Support and Administration. As the Head of Research Administration and Support, you will play a crucial role in providing world-class academic research support services to our esteemed faculty members and research staff. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of strategies aimed at fostering outstanding research and impactful results.
• Lead the Research Office, which includes managing a team of research support professionals and ensuring the delivery of high-quality research support services.
• Collaborate with the Deputy Dean for Faculty and Research and other academic leaders to enhance research support services within the School, benchmarking best practices and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Provide advisory support to the Deputy Dean for Faculty and Research on strategic, policy, and governance matters related to research activities.
• Manage complex research contract negotiations and contribute to the development of innovative funding models in collaboration with various stakeholders.
Essential selection criteria:
• A graduate with extensive and recent experience in research administration within a higher education setting.
• In-depth understanding of the higher education research funding landscape and the challenges faced by institutions and researchers.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting fixed and tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and the capacity to assess risk, including financial and reputational considerations, while demonstrating sound judgment in escalating critical matters.
• Previous experience in managing a small team.
Further information on this role and how to apply can be found in the job description.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matters to us, so we offer a range of family friendly and financial benefits including:
• Flexible hybrid working
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
All applications must include a CV, Cover Letter/ Supporting Statement and Current Salary
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 14 June 2023 at 12 noon