Grade 6: £31,502 - £37,386 per annum
Fixed-term, 18 months
The Saïd Business School, is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our esteemed Research Assistance Support Team (RAST) as a Research Assistant.
As a Research Assistant, you will collaborate closely with faculty members and postdoctoral researchers, providing invaluable support in delivering a wide range of research projects encompassing various areas of expertise within our School. This role presents an outstanding opportunity to gain academic research experience and learn from leading academics.
• Work collaboratively with the RAST team and the Research Office to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality research support across our research community.
• Demonstrate flexibility by working with other RAST team members and managing parallel research projects to meet set deadlines.
• Assist academics, including faculty and postdoctoral researchers, in the efficient and timely execution of research projects.
• Provide support for various research tasks, including literature searches/reviews, ethical approval processes, conducting interviews, observations, focus groups, setting up experiments/surveys using web-based survey tools, collecting online data, and coding transcripts.
• Create, update, and manage research databases and code repositories.
• Write high-quality code for data preparation and analysis, utilizing commonly used languages such as Python and/or R.
• Conduct descriptive data work, visualizations/plotting, produce model-free evidence, and perform exploratory work as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a background in quantitative fields such as statistics, econometrics, computer science, or in qualitative types of projects, such as surveys, interviews, ethnography, etc. Experience in working on research projects (either in academia or in commercial settings) is essential.
Join our dynamic research community at the Saïd Business School, where you will have access to internal research seminars and professional development opportunities. If you are passionate about research, possess a strong analytical mindset, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matters to us, so we offer a range of family friendly and financial benefits including:
• Flexible hybrid working
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
All applications must include a CV, Cover Letter/ Supporting Statement and Current Salary
The closing date for applications is 6th June 2023 at 12 noon