Grade 7 - £34,308 - £42,155 per annum
Fixed term (3 years)
Saïd Business School is recruiting for a Research Fellow working within the University’s Centre for Corporate Reputation (CCR). The postholder will be supervised by Paulo Savaget, Associate Professor of Engineering Entrepreneurship. Under the direction of Paulo Savaget, the postholder will research the legitimation of social enterprises in China. More specifically, the postholder will: i) examine how the notion of social enterprise has been legitimated in the socio-political context of China from 2004 to 2022 and how it differs from Western contexts; and ii) investigate the government's role in this legitimation process.
We welcome candidates from a range of theoretical backgrounds, but we are particularly keen to hear from people working management and organisational theory. The research scope is broad, and applicants are encouraged to bring their own research ideas and projects into these roles, as well as to develop new projects with Oxford Saïd’s faculty and the Oxford University Centre for Corporate Reputation.
A couple of the responsibilities:
- Conduct academic research under the direction and guidance of, and in collaboration with, the principal investigator (“PI”) Associate Professor Paulo Savaget. Research output is expected to be publishable in the premier peer-reviewed academic journals. All researchers in the CCR should also be prepared to contribute to policy-related and practitioner-oriented outputs.
- Under the direct guidance of the PI, be responsible for key research activities such as (but not limited to) data collection, analysing data using appropriate qualitative methods, writing academic papers, presenting research findings to academic and practitioner audiences, and handling day-to-day research project management tasks.
The ideal candidate will hold or be close to completion of a Doctoral degree (DPhil, PhD) in a discipline relevant to the research focus. These include but are not limited to management and sociology. Furthermore, they will be fluent in Mandarin and English.
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
• Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
• Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
• Discounted bus travel
• Subsidised onsite catering
• Cycle loan scheme
• Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Current Salary and Supporting Statement/Cover Letter.
The closing date for applications is February 17 2023 at 12 noon.