We are looking for a Corporate Tax Senior to join us, to effectively manage and carry out production of corporate tax returns and computations for Partners/Directors/Senior Managers/Managers or own portfolio. This role will mainly be focussed on the larger clients at the London office and therefore someone with large corporate experience would be highly desirable. There will be opportunities to get involved in advisory work and opportunities to progress your career in our growing firm.
We are looking for motivated and forward-thinking individuals as we continue to grow as a firm. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Genuine work life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Reward and recognition schemes available all year round, paying up to £1000!
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers.¿It's¿an exciting time to join the firm!
- Request information from client or audit team
- Work through the information and assess the tax impact of each piece of information
- Prepare and generate tax returns using tax software
- Send chasing letters to client if required, address any queries
- Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Draft letter for review and make any necessary changes (where appropriate)
- Send letter and tax return to client for signature; log information sent and submit to HMRC
- Liaise with HMRC on clients behalf
- Inform client of tax liabilities; agree these to HMRC statement on account
- Prepare HMRC forms as appropriate (e.g. P35, P11D etc) and ensure all deadlines are met
- Prepare client bill (where appropriate)
- Coach junior staff on work delegated
- Identify tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assist on consultancy projects (where required)
- Carry out research projects (where appropriate)
Qualifications and skills:
- CTA qualified
- Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 3 years practical experience
- Able to train junior members of staff
- Basic accounts knowledge
- IT packages (Excel, tax software, Word)
Full job specification will be provided.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA¿MacIntyre¿Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on¿these year¿on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring¿managers or¿used in any way during the selection process.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, or are keen on making an application, either follow the 'apply' button, or get in touch with our Recruitment Team.