Our Maidenhead location is looking for an Audit Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The reason for this role, is to back fill promoted staff members; demonstrating the opportunities that are available for driven employees.
While we work with a range of clients within multiple industries, we have strong links to the manufacturing, technology and academy sectors and appreciate a regular flow of new work from local business as well as several London based companies due to our convenient location. Increasingly we are getting involved with cross-office projects, working with our colleagues across the country and more globally at Baker Tilly International.
As Audit Manager, you will manage a portfolio of clients, meeting the needs of the clients while maximising the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering MHA MacIntyre Hudson services. You will also need to effectively manage resources and the workflow in conjunction with our management team.
This role will be based in Maidenhead in our new offices at Foundation Park. We also have agile working available, including core hours and a minimum of two days working from home.
At¿MacIntyre¿Hudson, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we can offer our teams in their respective roles.¿
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Agile working
- Private healthcare
- Managers bonus scheme
- and more!
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers.¿It's¿an exciting time to join the firm!¿
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA (or equivalent)
- more than 3 years post qualification experience is preferred, gained in a practice environment
- Up to date in CPE and recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries with a focus across accounts, advisory and audit work
- Computer packages - Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage, Xero, QBO, Caseware, VPM and Alphatax
- Management/supervisory experience - the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Communication - accurate and concise oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisational skills - the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once
- Diplomacy and patience
- Team focussed with a strong interest in building and developing the team
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Manage change in a positive way
- Project a positive image of MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- To sell and promote MHA MacIntyre Hudson and the services we provide
A full job specification will be provided. If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply within. For more information, please contact a member of the recruitment team.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.