Our Not for Profit team in London are currently on the lookout for a bright, ambitious and client facing Audit Executive to join the team.
You will join our team to conduct audit prep jobs, ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner, and compliance dealt with as necessary. The successful candidate will also take responsibility with completing the job before passing to the Manager for review.
We're looking for a technically strong auditor, with experience of charities (a must) and wider not for profit organisations. You must be able to demonstrate a love for the sector and be confident and knowledgeable.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days when on a training contract, option to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Agile working
- Car lease scheme
- Paid time for CSR
- and more!
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence, discuss with Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Answer queries from juniors throughout the audit
- Complete audits in accordance with MHA MacIntyre Hudson audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown
- Complete analysis of items for tax
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review
Completion of a job tasks - more detail on full job specification
- Supervision and staff development
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff and give detailed help and training as required, to ensure skills are improved to enhance future effectiveness.
- Monitoring of staff, providing regular feedback and identifying training needs.
Skills and Qualifications
- ACA or ACCA, qualified with practice experience
- Auditing experience
- Some accounts preparation skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Sage, Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit) and tax software
- Experience of the Not for Profit Sector would be an advantage
- Previous experience of supervising junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with both clients and staff
If you feel this role is of interest to you, we would like to encourage you to make an application so we can assess your suitability.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.