Our Milton Keynes location is looking for an Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager or Audit and Accounts Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
As Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager or Audit and Accounts Manager, you will manage a portfolio of clients, meeting the needs of the clients while maximising the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering MHA MacIntyre Hudson services. To effectively manage resources and the workflow.
In 2019 alone, we won National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
Our Central Region teams are friendly and dynamic, everyone is approachable and ready to support each other. Milton Keynes, Northampton and Peterborough offices work closely together creating the 'Central Region'. Increasingly they are getting involved with cross office projects, ensuring that our staff members get to experience a variety of industries and business while appreciating a regular flow of new clients.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days when on a training contract, option to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Agile working
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with 2 - 5 years post qualification practice experience
- Up to date in CPE and recent developments in accounting standards
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries with a focus across accounts, advisory and audit work
- Computer packages - Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage, Xero, QBO, Caseware, VPM and Alphatax
- Management/supervisory experience - the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Communication - accurate and concise oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisational skills - the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once
- Diplomacy and patience
- Team focused with a strong interest in building and developing the team
- Analytical thinking/problem solving
- Calm and effective under pressure
- Manage change in a positive way
- Project a positive image of MHA MacIntyre Hudson
- To sell and promote MHA MacIntyre Hudson and the services we provide
A full job specification will be provided. If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply within. For more information, please contact a member of the recruitment team.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.