We are looking for a talented Audit & Accounts Executive to join our Financial Services team based in London & Cayman Islands on a permanent full-time basis.
You will lead a large number of financial services audits, with a focus on investment funds across a range of investment strategies, ensuring deadlines are met and compliant with necessary regulations. You will work collaboratively with the wider team in order to meet the needs of our clients and to maximise the fee income of the portfolio, by delivering MHA MacIntyre Hudson services.
At MacIntyre Hudson, we pride ourselves on our award-winning training, genuine work life balance, clear succession paths for our staff, supportive leadership teams and the sheer scope we are able to offer our teams in their respective roles.
The London office region have grown significantly in the last few years and are looking to augment their teams with motivated and forward-thinking individuals as they continue to expand. If you are excited to meet and build great relationships with new clients and companies and want to thrive in a collaborative, social and supportive environment, we would love to hear from you.
MHA MacIntyre Hudson has doubled in size in 8 years.
We have been nominated for FOUR awards at the British Accountancy Awards, and we have strong international connections through our Baker Tilley International Network.
We have big ambitions and we are looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
What is in it for you?
Genuine Work Life balance
Accredited Investor in People
New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
Very competitive salary
Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
- Complete audits in accordance with MHA MacIntyre Hudson audit procedures, with assistance from more senior members of staff where required
- Produce detailed audit planning, including details of potential difficulties and ensure correct tests are applied to produce sufficient audit evidence
- Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensuring that budgets and deadlines are met
- Sign off audit sections and complete the file before passing it on to the senior member of the team for review
- Responsible for final analytical reviews
- Draft letters to clients in relation to the audit/accounts
- Produce and review sets of financial statements
- Produce a short summary on key client issues and the contents of the accounts before passing to the senior member of the team
- Provide technical advice and guidance to more junior staff - give detailed help and training as required, to enhance future effectiveness
- Monitor the performance of staff working on jobs, including giving feedback after files have been reviewed and completing audit review form at the end of each job
- Regular and effective communication with Partners - clearance of review points and planning
- Audit Managers and Directors - update on progress on jobs, technical issues and review planning
- Juniors/Semi-Seniors - delegate and review of work, provide assistance and guidance
- Clients - queries about the job
- Banks, solicitors, administrators, any other parties deemed fit per engagement requirements
- Manager/HR - exam performance, ad hoc queries
Qualifications and Skills
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- 3 years + Auditing experience
- Excellent audit analysis skills
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Excel, Word and ideally CaseWare (accounts and audit)
- Previous experience of supervising/mentoring junior members of staff
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Familiarity with IFRS, ISA, US GAAP & GAAS would be an asset, but not required
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be positive and committed to MHA MacIntyre Hudson in dealings with both clients and staff
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.