• Develop, validate and integrate trustworthy algorithms for computer-assisted intervention (CAI)
• Contribute to project management
• For Research Fellows: Contribute to junior research member supervision
• Maintain accurate and up-to date technical and user documentation of the delivered software
• Contribute to the dissemination of the research through publications, open-source software and public engagement activities
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. PhD or equivalent industrial experience in Computer Assisted Intervention or a closely related field
2. Good knowledge of machine learning and computer vision algorithms
3. Solid knowledge of and experience using the Python programming language
4. Experience with scientific software packages such as PyTorch, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, SciKit’s, OpenCV, ROS2, etc.
5. A demonstrable record of publications in top-ranked peer-reviewed conference proceedings and scientific journals in the field
6. Ability to work with a variety of people
7. For Research Fellows (G7): Experience in planning research projects and coordinating the work of other staff
1. Understanding of image acquisition and hardware components relevant to real-time data acquisition and processing from existing and medical devices including stereo cameras, force sensors, and robot encoders.
2. Solid knowledge of and experience using the C++ programming language