- Develop, validate and integrate real-time algorithms for interventional hyperspectral imaging
- Contribute to project management tasks
- Maintain accurate and up-to date technical and user documentation of the delivered software
- Contribute to the dissemination of the research through publications, open-source software and public engagement activities
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or related numerate discipline
2. PhD or equivalent industrial experience in Computer Assisted Intervention or a closely related field
3. Good knowledge of machine learning and computer vision algorithms
4. Solid knowledge of and experience using the Python and C++ programming languages
5. Experience with scientific software packages such as PyTorch, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, SciKit's, OpenCV, etc.
6. Experience in standard software engineering practices including version control systems and software testing methodologies
7. Experience working on system integration tasks
8. Ability to work with a variety of people
1. A demonstrable record of publications in peer-reviewed conference proceedings and scientific journals
2. Experience in real-time computing optimization (Parallel computing, GPGPU programming, deep learning inference engines such as TensorRT, etc.)
3. Understanding of image acquisition and hardware components relevant to real-time data acquisition and processing of computational biophotonics.