The Disabilities Trust is hiring!
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to join the team on a part-time basis at one of our Community houses in the York area. The role will be 28 hours per week supporting adults with acquired brain injury.
Our aim is to support service users to live the lifestyle of their choice and promote independence, focusing on their individual goals and aspirations. We are seeking a special person who is committed to assist the service in delivering quality person-centred support.
Main duties will include:
- Establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
- Participating in the development of service user/s support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Providing care and support for our service users when conducting daily tasks
- Providing personal care as and when required
- Accompanying service users in activities and visits as and when required
- Previous experience of working within a care/support environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- A full UK driving licence and car is advantageous
- Good time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
- £8.74 per hour + £1 on weekends/bank holidays
- Generous annual leave from day 1 (33 days including bank holidays)
- Online discounts through Perkbox including gym membership, shopping and dining out!
- Career development opportunities
- Ongoing training and support from the Trust
- Group life assurance
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
This is a part-time, permanent role which will involve weekend and evening work.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.