We are expanding and need an additional Learning and Development Trainer to join our friendly and enthusiastic team! This role covers our services in the South and South East of England, so a candidate living in the Berkshire area would be useful but not essential.
It's an exciting time to join us - we're looking for a self-starter with a 'can do' approach who'll be rewarded by a great benefits package, as well as the variety and job satisfaction that comes hand in hand with this role.
Working for national charity The Disabilities Trust, you'll be delivering training to Our People who provide specialist care and support to people with complex needs at our residential and community services across the UK. The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We're looking for someone who can create an engaging learning environment for Our People, and who wants to bring value and enhance our Learning and Development outcomes. In this key role, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference to the quality of care and support that's delivered to our service users, though delivering high quality training to our teams.
Field based, there'll be regular travel in South and South East, with some overnight stays required. At our sites, you'll get the chance to see how our rehabilitation and support services work, and gain a full understanding of how the training you deliver impacts on our the quality of care.
We'd like to talk to you if you have:
- A recognised training qualification (eg PTLLS, Cert in Education CIPD or equivalent)
- MAYBO accredited (desirable)
- Experience of designing and delivering L&D interventions to different audiences
- A creative approach to deliver mandatory L&D solutions and management development
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with a wide audience
- Knowledge of the health and social care sector is desirable but not essential.
We're offering a great benefits package for the right person:
- A competitive salary: £23,000 per year and company vehicle
- 33 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Group life assurance
- Access to nationwide staff discounts for shopping, entertainment, leisure through Perkbox
- Discounted gym membership
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
- Excellent training and support with gaining professional qualifications.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is a Disability Confident Employer. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.