Regional Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist - The Midlands
The Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust (BIRT), part of The Disabilities Trust, is seeking a full-time Regional Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist to provide clinical leadership and direction to its brain injury rehabilitation centres in the Midlands.
You would take a lead role in ensuring the planning and development of innovative clinical services, supporting and advising clinicians and our interdisciplinary teams.
You would also join our Clinical Executive, an international team of clinicians, who are involved in research and new projects; they share their knowledge and provide support to fellow members, working together to ensure BIRT's services remain excellent and innovative.
Find out more about working as a Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist for BIRT from Dr Ivan Pitman here
The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity providing specialist rehabilitation, care and support for adults with acquired brain injury, autism and physical disabilities, including those with very complex needs. We also offer education services for children with autism.
The duties and responsibilities of this role include:
Providing strategic professional leadership to the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust within the designated region, ensuring the planning and development of a systematic response to service need, interpreting professional policies and ensuring that the service operates at the highest level of quality and current best practice, with research and development a major responsibility and taking a major role in the development and implementation of policy for the service system as a whole.
Ensuring the development of high quality, innovative, and evidence based neuropsychological rehabilitation practice within the Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust.
Providing clinical services at a high level of expertise, supporting and advising colleagues on all issues concerned with neuropsychological clinical practice and providing expert clinical consultation and professional guidance to clinical neuropsychologists, clinical psychologists and other clinicians within BIRT.
Experience and skills required include:
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Post-graduate doctorate in clinical psychology (or its equivalent) accredited by the BPS.
- Qualification as Practitioner Full Member of the BPS QICN qualification in neuropsychology. - essential
- Registered as a clinical psychologist with HCPC
- Any other relevant advanced specialist training/qualifications in the skills relevant to the specialty area judged to meet the BPS standards for Consultant grade by National External Assessment.
- Clinical supervision training for Doctoral trainees.
- Breakaway training or equivalent.
Benefits will include:
A company car
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
- Nationwide staff discounts including gym membership.
35 hours per week
£75-£80,000 (depending on experience)
For more information please see the job description and person specification below or apply below.