The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are recruiting for 2 Full Time Waking Night Community Support Workers to work in our new community house in Burgess Hill providing individual support to service users with Autism ensuring that they lead a full and valued life.
This position will entail maximum involvement in decision making, activity organisation and participation within the local community.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
- Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Accompany service users on activities and actively participate as required.
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
- A competitive hourly rate of £9.01 per hour; Monday - Friday and £10.01 per hour during weekends and evenings.
- Excellent training and support with the opportunity of gaining professional qualifications
- Group life assurance
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
- Assess to nationwide staff discounts including gym membership
- The possibility of overtime
Full Time (35 hours per week):
Waking nights working 10pm to 8am
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust are a Disability Confident Employer. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.