The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are looking for a part time Support Worker to work 3 days (22.5 hours) a week in our busy community house's environment, providing individual support to three service users ensuring that they lead a full and valued life. This position will entail maximum involvement in decision making, activity organisation and participation within the local community.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
- Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Accompany service users on activities and actively participate as required.
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
- Competitive rate of £9.01 per hour Monday - Friday and £10.01 per hour during weekends and bank holidays. Sleep-in's have a flat rate of £70 per night.
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) pro-rata.
- Excellent training and support with gaining professional qualifications
- Nationwide staff discounts
- Group life assurance
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
The successful candidate will be required to work 22.5 hours per week across 3 days including at least 1 sleep-in shift.
- Early shift: 7:30am - 3pm
- Late shift: 2:45pm - 10:15pm
Candidates will need to be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends in-order to meet the needs of the service user.
Please note: Due to the location of the service, candidates applying must be able to drive and have access to a car.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust are a Disability Confident Employer. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.