We're hiring in Brighton!
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you'll become part of a team of dedicated Support Workers, delivering an exceptional service at our supported living service in Brighton? If so, we want to hear from you!
We need motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will strive to deliver the best possible service for our service users, supporting them to achieve the greatest level of independence and life goals.
We are recruiting for a Full Time Support Workers to work in our busy community house's environment providing individual support to service users with Autism ensuring that they lead a full and valued life.
Our service in Brighton provides support for 7 people with acquired brain injury, complex learning, behavioural and/or social difficulties. You don't necessarily need to have experience of working in care/support, as we'll provide full training, induction and ongoing support and supervision. We want to make sure you'll have the skills and knowledge you need to do a great job. We want you to go home at the end of your working day knowing you have made a positive difference to our service users' lives.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
- Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Accompany service users on activities and actively participate as required.
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
What are we offering?
- £9.26 per hour Monday - Friday and £10.26 per hour on weekends and bank holidays
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Group Life assurance
- Employer pension contribution
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
- Nationwide staff benefits such as Perk Box and discounted gym membership.
This position is subject to a successful Disclosure Service (DBS) and references
The Disabilities Trust is a Disability Confident Employer. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.