The Disabilities Trust is recruiting!
Role: Senior Occupational Therapist
Location: Daniel Yorath House, Garforth - Leeds
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Disabilities Trust is recruiting for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the clinical team at our acquired brain injury service - Daniel Yorath House.
Daniel Yorath House is based in Garforth, Leeds; and is a specialist neurobehavioural rehabilitation centre for people with acquired brain injury. Opened in 1992, it was one of the first assessment and rehabilitation centres for brain injury in the UK.
We assess and provide rehabilitation primarily for service users with an Acquired Brain Injury using the Neuro-behavioural model of social rehabilitation. The aim is to provide a continuous link for each service user through their pathway of care from our rehabilitation services through to re-integration into the community.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for:
- To provide a high quality Occupational Therapy service, managing and prioritising a caseload of service users with highly complex mental health /physical needs and/or challenging behaviour
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy Services within a designated area/team
- To regularly supervise Occupational Therapy students on placement.
- To work as a member of the interdisciplinary team contributing to overall treatment objectives agreed in the rehabilitation plan
- Develop specialised programmes of care, monitor, evaluate and modify treatment to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention
Suitable applicants will have the following:
- HCPC Registration
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Sufficient previous experience in practice
This role includes on-call duties
For more information on the position, please refer to the job description and person specification
As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you will receive 38 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), life assurance, occupational sick pay, pension scheme and staff benefits including 'Perkbox' (shopping vouchers and discounted gym membership)
If you wish to be considered for the role, click on 'Apply' below or contact Recruitment for an application form on 0330 058 1882 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references