The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are currently recruiting for a number of full time, part time and bank Support Workers to work at The Maples, our purpose-built centre in Tokers Green, Reading.
The Maples is a service for the support and development of people with autism and learning disabilities. We provide accommodation and support for adults who are on the autism spectrum or show behaviors that indicate autism. We also support people with epilepsy, and individuals with complex needs who might challenge alternative services.
CQC rating: Good
As a Support Worker, you'll be one of our most valuable members of staff, having the chance to make a difference to a Service User's life on a daily basis.
Main duties will include:
- Facilitate the daily routine of the service user/s including personal care promoting a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- Implement individual support plans and risk assessments to meet the needs of the service user/s.
- Accompany service users on activities and/or social outings and actively participate as required.
- A full driving licence and access to a car is essential due to location
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
- A competitive rate of £9.01 per hour; Monday - Friday and £10.01 per hour at weekends and bank holidays.
- Excellent training and support with gaining professional qualifications.
- The possibility of overtime
- Group life assurance
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
- Beautiful countryside surroundings with free onsite parking
- Assess to nationwide staff discounts including gym membership
- Full time: 5 shifts per week
- Part time: A minimum of 2 shifts (14 hours) per week is required.
- Bank: Covering periods of annual leave, training and sickness on an ad hoc basis.
- Day shifts: 7:30am - 3pm and 2:45pm - 10:15pm (Based on a four-weekly rota with every other weekend off).
- Waking night shifts: 10pm - 7:45am.
Please note: Due to the location of the service, candidates applying must be able to drive and have access to a car.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.