The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are currently recruiting for a number of Full time, Part time and Bank Support Workers to join the team at our service Hollyrood as well as our Supported Living houses in West Sussex covering Lindfield, Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill.
As an Support Worker you will be responsible for providing appropriate individual support to our adult service users/residents that have been diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum, or have autistic tendencies.
Main duties will include:
- Facilitate the daily routines of the service users including personal care promoting a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Accompany service user(s) on activities and actively participate as required.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to priorities own workload and meet deadlines
- Patience and resilience
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided.
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis and cover different sites if and when required
- A full UK driving licence is desirable but not essential
- A competitive rate of £8.83 per hour - Monday - Friday and £9.83 per hour during weekends and bank holidays.
- The possibility of over time
- Working in a beautiful environment with free on-site park
- Free training and professional qualifications
- Group life assurance
- List item
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
Full Time, part time and bank opportunities available:
- Full time hours are based on shifts 5 per week on a roll-on basis with every other weekend off.
- Rotas' are done 4 weeks in advance with 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 7:30am - 10pm.
- Part time contracts require a minimum of 2/3 shifts
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.