The Disabilities Trust, is seeking a Rehabilitation Support Worker to join us at Daniel Yorath House.
Daniel Yorath House is based in Garforth, Leeds; and is a specialist neurobehavioural rehabilitation centre for people with acquired brain injury. Opened in 1992, it was one of the first assessment and rehabilitation centres for brain injury in the UK.
We assess and provide rehabilitation primarily for service users with an Acquired Brain Injury using the Neuro-behavioural model of social rehabilitation. The aim is to provide a continuous link for each service user through their pathway of care from our rehabilitation services through to re-integration into the community.
We are currently seeking a Rehabilitation Support Worker to join us on a permanent basis, working on average 35 hours per week including some day shifts, night shifts and weekend working.
- To provide support to our service users appropriate to their individuals needs ensuring that each service user leads a full and valued life.
- To contribute to providing a homely environment, whereby the service user has maximum involvement in their own activities and decision making.
- To enable service users to participate in and contribute to the local community
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
- During the course of your work you will at all times conduct yourself in a professional manner acting as a role model to colleagues and service users contributing to the delivery of quality services.
- To work as a member of the team, contributing to the team ethos and supporting service users(s) and colleagues appropriately.
- Facilitate the daily routines of the service users including personal care promoting a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Implement individual support plans to meet the needs of the service user(s).
- Highlight any issues/concerns to the Team Leader to ensure the service user(s) receive quality services at all times.
- Participate and contribute as required to individual service user review meetings and support plans within boundaries set by senior colleagues.
- In accordance with individual support plan, enable the service user(s) to look after and clean their own rooms, organise their personal possessions, clothing and other personal effects.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of all rooms, fixtures and fittings thereby maintaining a safe environment for service users and staff.
For this position, we are offering a competitive hourly rate of £9.01 plus £1 per hour enhancement for weekends and bank holidays + 28 Days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays), Life Assurance & Pension
The Trust offers more than just a job. With our excellent training and development planning, you will have the chance of an exciting career in a sector like no other, which makes a huge difference to the lives of our Service Users.
If you would like more information on this position then please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
If you are interested in this role then please click on the button below:
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.