Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Team Leader to be based at one of our community houses in Caversham, Reading on a full time permanent basis.
To lead, supervise and develop a team of support workers to ensure the needs of the service users are met according to their individual support plan in line with company policy and procedures and regulatory standards.
Main duties will include:
- To set and communicate high standards of care and professional conduct within the team supervised.
- To lead and support compliance with The Disabilities Trust quality audits.
- To lead and support in health and safety duties as appropriate
- To contribute information for the accurate notification of incidents/accidents/safeguarding as appropriate.
- Represent the Disabilities Trust at meetings and seminars and any other external events, where appropriate.
- Contributing to effective liaison with stakeholders and external agencies with local authorities, families, advocates, GPs, local safeguarding teams, other DT departments and professionals within the realms of Health and Social Care that have an impact on service provision in consultation with senior colleagues.
- To monitor and be responsible for the day to day spending at the location, to include Trust and service user monies.
- To contribute to the recruitment, selection and induction of support staff.
- To supervise, appraise, develop and train within a designated group of support
- A competitive rate of £10.03 per hour
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing with length of service
- Excellent training and support
- Group life assurance
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
37.5 hours per week on a rota basis which may include bank holidays and weekends.
Please note: Candidates applying must have a full UK driving licence.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.**