The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are looking for a Part Time Support Worker to work 22 hours per week in our busy community houses environment, providing individual support to female service users ensuring that they lead a full and valued life.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
- Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Accompany service users on activities and actively participate as required.
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided.
- A full driving licence
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
- Competitive salary of £8.83 per hour Monday - Friday and £9.83 per hour during weekends and bank holidays.
- Excellent training and support with gaining professional qualifications.
- Group life assurance
- Eye voucher scheme
- Long service and staff awards
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing to 30 days after 3 years service and to 33 days after 5 years service.
22 hours per week
7:30am - 3pm and 2:45pm - 10:15pm (Based on a four weekly rota) with every other weekend off.
This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.