The Disabilities Trust is a leading national charity, providing innovative care, rehabilitation and support solutions for people with profound physical impairments, acquired brain injury and learning disabilities as well as children and adults with autism.
We are currently recruiting for a number of full and part time Support Workers to work at The Maples, our purpose built centre in Tokers Green, Reading.
The Maples is a service which provides accommodation, support and development for people with autism and learning disabilities.
CQC rating: Good - Received November 2016
As a Support Worker, you'll be one of our most valuable members of staff, having the chance to make a difference to a Service User's life on a daily basis.
Main duties will include:
- Facilitate the daily routine of the service user/s including personal care promoting a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- Implement individual support plans and risk assessments to meet the needs of the service user/s.
- Accompany service users on activities and/or social outings and actively participate as required.
- Previous experience of working within a care environment would be useful but not essential as full training and induction is provided including NVQ/QCF opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Good IT skills
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Patience and resilience
- A competitive rate of £8.83 per hour plus an extra £1 per hour weekend and bank holiday enhancement rate.
- Excellent training and support with gaining professional qualifications.
- The possibility of overtime
- Group life assurance
- Long service and staff awards
- Beautiful countryside surroundings with free onsite parking.
Full time: 5 shifts per week
Part time: A minimum of 2 shifts (14 hours) per week is required.
Day shifts: 7:30am - 3pm and 2:45pm - 10:15pm (Based on a four weekly rota with every other weekend off).
Please note: Due to the location of the service, candidates applying must be able to drive and have access to a car.
*This position is subject to a Disclosure (DBS) check.
The Disabilities Trust is an equal opportunities employer and recognises that having a diverse workforce enhances the support given to people who use our services.*