We are recruiting for a Part-time Chef at our residential rehabilitation service, Daniel Yorath House in Garforth, Leeds.
Daniel Yorath House is based in Garforth, Leeds; and is a specialist neurobehavioural rehabilitation centre for people with acquired brain injury. Opened in 1992, it was one of the first assessment and rehabilitation centres for brain injury in the UK.
We assess and provide rehabilitation primarily for service users with an Acquired Brain Injury using the Neuro-behavioural model of social rehabilitation. The aim is to provide a continuous link for each service user through their pathway of care from our rehabilitation services through to re-integration into the community
This is a rewarding position where you will work alongside other members of our catering team and be a very necessary part of our Site team.
We are looking for someone who has the following:
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in approach
- Ability to be as team player and work with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic food hygiene certificate or equivalent(desirable)
- Induction and ongoing training is provided
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To plan and prepare a varied choice of menus, ensuring properly balanced and nutritious meals are provided, taking into account any special dietary requirements and service user preferences
- To follow any dietary or food preparation guidelines as provided in service user care plans and guidance by health care professionals
- To ensure that the storage, preparation and cooking of all food is carried out using the highest standards of hygiene
- To be responsible for catering and cleaning budgetary control and purchasing, alongside service manager
- To oversee all stock ordered is of high quality and consistent with planned menus that reflect choice and preference, maintaining stock control
- Ensure high standards of food management within current Food Hygiene regulations and policies and procedures
- To use electrical and mechanical catering equipment as appropriate
- To ensure the maintenance and security of catering equipment notifying your supervisor and appropriate people and agencies regarding repair and replacement as appropriate
- To be responsible for the storage and use of cleaning items in accordance with COSHH
- Direct and supervise all kitchen staff and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities with regards to Food Hygiene and preparation and Health and Safety requirements
- To contribute to other food related functions as required by the service
- You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable and work to a high standard.
- You should be able to organise your workload and manage your time efficiently.
- You'll also need a good understanding of special dietary needs.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 is desirable for the role, however, training can be provided.
In this role you will work 16 hrs per week and receive a competitive hourly rate of £9.10 as well as pro rata'd holidays, Life Assurance and Pension.
This 16 hours position is working 1 of 2 options:
Option 1 - Permanent Weekends
Option 2 - Work 3 weekends and the 4th week work Thursday & Friday
If you would like more information on this please click on the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
If you would like to apply for this position then please click on the link below: