COMPANY: DUNBIA UK
REPORTING TO: Site Engineering Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Engineering Graduate
LOCATION: West Devon
Our Engineers are essential to the day-to-day operations of the business. They oversee the electrical and mechanical needs of the equipment and machinery required in the process of manufacturing food. They strive to maximise site productivity by engaging in preventive actions in reference to health and safety, good manufacturing practices (GMP), hygiene compliance, and performance of routine maintenance of machines and equipment.
As the industry is evolving and systems are becoming more automated, the need for equipment and machinery to be well maintained and available for use at all times is vital to production.
Working in primal meat processing factories, the role of an Engineer in food processing can be hugely varied and extremely rewarding, no two days are the same. Tasks may include carrying out both electrical and mechanical work such as planned maintenance activity, reacting to breakdowns, finding out and eliminating the root-cause of problems and working on continuous improvement projects. There is not much sitting behind a desk in this role, instead you will be hands on and, on the go, working in a fast paced, busy environment.
As an Engineering Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Engineering and management within the business and your responsibility will increase over time giving you the confidence to grow. As well as your technical qualifications, you¿ll have to be a well organised person who is able to deal calmly with day-to-day breakdown issues whilst, at the same time, seeing the big picture and planning for new preventative maintenance activities and major projects.
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering;
- An understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, always complies and operates in line with policies and procedures;
- An understanding of operating integrity, quality processes and systems with high standards for compliance and quality;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Our Brighter Futures Programme
Our training and development schemes are unmatched, and not only will you be learning from fully trained and passionate individuals, but you will also receive:
- Dedicated mentor;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business.
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
Applicants for this role must have a Right to Work in the UK and be able to provide documentation to this effect.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We reserve the right to close the role should suitable applicants by found in advance of the closing date.