REPORTING TO: Site Procurement Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Livestock Procurement Graduate
As a Trainee Livestock Procurement Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team. As your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Livestock Procurement within the business and your responsibility will increase. It is important that you understand that it is your responsibility to ensure that your development is discussed regularly, that you avail of opportunities to expand your knowledge and that you build and develop strong relationships within the Livestock Procurement Department and wider business teams.
Gaining a full understanding of production and operations is key for a successful career in the Livestock Procurement field. Your role as Livestock Procurement graduate will ensure you develop a detailed knowledge of the following areas:
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Lairage & Animal Welfare
- Primary Carcass Breakdown & Yields
- Customer Specifications
- Stock Rotation (Maturation)
- Production Planning
- Food Safety and Quality Services
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- Degree in agriculture or related degree;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
Our Brighter Futures Programme
Our training and development schemes are unmatched, and not only will you be learning from fully trained and passionate individuals, but you will also receive:
- Dedicated mentor;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training.
Applicants for this role must have a Right to Work in the UK and be able to provide documentation to this effect.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We reserve the right to close the role should suitable applicants by found in advance of the closing date.