COMPANY: DUNBIA UK
REPORTING TO: Food Safety & Quality Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Food Safety & Quality Graduate
LOCATION: Treburley, Cornwall
At Dunbia no two days will be the same. If you¿re looking for a business which challenges, you to think outside the box then this graduate programme is for you. We¿re offering you an opportunity, through our graduate programme, to ensure you thrive in your chosen field and gain invaluable on-the-job experience.
As a Food Safety & Quality Graduate working in a fast-paced environment, you will be part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team. As your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Food Safety & Quality within the business and your responsibility will increase.
Our working environment is like no other. With strong family and entrepreneurial values at the heart of our corporate culture. We make an effort to hold social events which we feel is an important part of building strong working relationships with colleagues ultimately leading to better communication between employees.
As part of the Food Safety & Quality team you will gain a wide range of food safety & quality and business experience skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy environment, some of your responsibilities will include:
Assisting with food safety & quality operations, procedures and document control
Ensuring the on-going maintenance and updating of the department files including SOP¿s, Risk Assessments, HACCP documents and quality management documents
Assisting in carrying out audits as per schedule
Assisting in evaluating the written SOP¿s being implemented, trained and compiled with in all areas
Supporting the maintaining and managing of non-conformant logs
Logging of complaints and communicating to the relevant personnel
Assisting with close investigations into complaints including route cause analysis
Carrying out the microbiological and chemical sampling of finished product and raw materials as per sampling schedule
Carrying out internal audits and assisting with external and customer audits
Working collaboratively with the Food Safety and Quality team to monitor quality assurance, hygiene and food safety activities
Understanding the importance of Animal Welfare within the business
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A degree in a related discipline (Food Technology, Nutrition, Science);
- An understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, always complies and operates in line with policies and procedures;
- An understanding of operating integrity, quality processes and systems with high standards for compliance and quality;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and enhance food safety understanding throughout the site;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- HACCP trained is an advantage;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK.
Our Brighter Futures Programme
Our training and development schemes are unmatched, and not only will you be learning from fully trained and passionate individuals, but you will also receive:
Direct access to senior leaders
Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business
Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
All applicants must have a Right to Work in the UK and be able to provide documentation to this effect.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We reserve the right to close the role should suitable applicants by found in advance of the closing date.