COMPANY: Dunbia UK
REPORTING TO: NPD Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: NPD Graduate
LOCATION: Cross Hands
At Dunbia no two days will be the same. If you¿re looking for a career in a fast- paced, challenging, but rewarding, environment which challenges you to think outside the box then this programme is for you. We¿re offering you an opportunity through our graduate scheme to ensure you thrive and gain invaluable on-the-job experience.
As an NPD Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of NPD within the business and your responsibility will increase.
Joining the company through the Graduate Programme, your role will provide you with an opportunity to understand the business, build strong relationships, participate in continuous improvement projects and set career objectives, all of which are about preparing you for a leadership role, supporting the development of your skills and knowledge and helping you gain the necessary experience to ensure that you have a successful and fulfilling career within the NPD department of Dunbia.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and managing the NPD process to ensure new and re-developed products are launched successfully, delivered efficiently, in a timely and cost-effective manner, and in conjunction with all appropriate stakeholders.
- Understanding the necessity to comply with all relevant legislation ensuring we meet the necessary regulatory standards for Food Safety and Codes of Practice for of all our customers.
- Developing a strong understanding of our supply chain, processes, challenges and risks associated from a product development and food safety perspective.
- Working closely with production and quality control to support the strengthening of relationships with all existing and new customers, ensuring you provide the highest level of customer service and support at every opportunity.
- Ensuring you are familiar of all relevant food trends and food innovation by working closely with the culinary team, the commercial insights team and attend as required all appropriate food events, retail visits and inspiration days both with and without the customer.
- Carrying out the necessary practical and administrative duties with respect to departmental BRC and internal audit procedures.
- Working closely with the Technical Account Manager to ensure that all information relevant to specifications, procedures and analysis for products approved for launch is co-owned and co-approved between departments.
- Conducting all NPD activities in accordance with Dunbia¿s Policy and Procedures to meet the requirements of namely the customer, the BRC Standard, company objectives and industry best practice.
- Managing and co-ordinating the critical path through from customer brief to launch to ensure new and re-developed products are delivered safely and efficiently in conjunction with the culinary team, production, technical, purchasing and commercial teams.
- Being proactive and innovative in all aspects of product development initiating new processes and product improvements.
- Maintaining and updating the department files including SOP¿s, Risk Assessments, HACCP documents and quality management documents.
- Awareness and appropriate trending of complaints and communicating to the relevant personnel.
- Undertaking and assisting with close investigations into complaints including route cause analysis.
- Working with continuous improvement mindset across all tasks.
- Operating in line with our Environmental and Health & Safety standards, processes and policies.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of Food Safety and Quality processes within the business.
- Understanding the importance of Animal Welfare within the business.
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
A relevant degree;
Level 2 Health & Safety;
Level 3 Food Safety;
Understanding and awareness of HSE requirements;
Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
Highly motivated, ambitious and commercially minded;
Excellent time management;
Organisational skills to enable the management and development of multiple projects;
Understanding of, operating integrity, of quality processes and systems and high standards for compliance and quality;
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel;
Excellent communication and presentation skills;
Some understanding and working knowledge of food science and manufacturing process;
Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
Excellent attention to detail;
The ability to store information in a retrievable in a systematic, orderly and maintained manner;
Ability to adapt to change in highly competitive fast paced environment;
The applicant must have the right to work in UK
Our Brighter Futures Programme
Our training and development schemes are unmatched, and not only will you be learning from fully trained and passionate individuals, but you will also receive:
- Dedicated mentor;
- Direct access to senior leaders;
- Opportunities to undertake assignments, secondments and innovative project work across the business;
- Investment in blue chip residential offsite training
Applicants for this role must have a Right to Work in the UK and be able to provide documentation to this effect.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We reserve the right to close the role should suitable applicants by found in advance of the closing date.