Job Title: Multi-Skilled Train Driver
Location: Mobile- Wessex/Sussex
Reports to: Team Leaders
Safety Designation: Safety Critical
Purpose of The Role
The successful and safe delivery of the programmed work / transit shift of Rail Grinders, Rail Milling and Tampers. Being competent to drive both types of C21 & C44 Rail Grinders and Rail Milling Machine. In addition, you would also be trained to drive other types of OTM plant.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Driving and route conducting the machines safely and effectively
- Reporting any machine defects to Grinding Supervisor and/or Maintenance Supervisor, where appropriate.
- To work safely and effectively to Colas Rail Services Operations procedures.
- Assist as required
- Assist in maintaining quality systems, and stabling database by continually monitoring, reviewing, and making recommendations for updating as required
- Required undertake route learning / refreshing as and when required. Must maintain and work towards expanding route knowledge base.
- Will be required to drive all other OTM's such as Rail Milling Machine and Tampers
- Required to keep all routes current via the Colas Rail route app
- Work to applicable Safety Plans and Method Statements.
- Comply with Section 7 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Close Calls and safety conversations submitted as per procedure
- To be able to drive all types
- Rail Grinders and other OTM plant when required to do so
- Driving Licence
- Fire Training
- Emergency First Aid
- Driver Mentor
- Trainer and Assessor Qualification
- Track Safety Handbook`
And what do we offer?
At Colas Rail we know how important job satisfaction is for everyone to support with life at home, your health and financial well-being, that's why in return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Company funded Job Use Van
- Business fuel card* (for business fuel purchases only)
- Industry leading Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Wellbeing Employee Assistant Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Long Service Award
- Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health Service
Joining Colas Rail UK provides the opportunity to not only establish yourself within one of the rail industrys biggest and most prestigious, multi-disciplined contractors, providing you with a springboard that can take you career to new heights.
We take pride in nurturing talent and providing opportunities for you to unlock your potential at whatever stage you are in your career. We encourage cross-collaboration and innovation and if you are interested in learning Colas Rail will enable that.
Everyday we work together safely to solve real problems, with a shared goal of enhancing the Infrastructure and Logistics which is key to the UK Rail Network and wider Supply Chain. Everyone here has a voice and we encourage all to speak up, discuss their ideas and implement them.
We are always looking for passionate people to join our business and with several bases across the UK, there are plenty of opportunities to join our vibrant, creative, and diverse teams.
Colas Rail hold three core values: Caring, Sharing and Daring. We take care our of our employees, always ensuring safety is a top priority and we nurture our collective wellbeing. We share a passion for what we do, celebrate our achievements and value high standards like nowhere else. We dare to take on new challenges, we are one of the international leaders in our industry. We keep on innovating, expanding, and conquering new markets.
The performance of Colas Rail UK is dependent upon improving and developing the skills and abilities of all employees, and our Equal Opportunities Policy, above all else, aims to achieve this objective.
- Engage and Care- Engage and stay close to our client. Provide sustainable solutions that you truly care about and join us in having an impact on the Infrastructure of the UK.
- Execute and Share- Share our joint passion for the important work executed every day at Colas Rail. Share in our success, our diversity, our development and execute our project plans.
- Energy and Dare- Display the energy of a leader, champion your teams. Dare to think innovatively and explore new horizons.
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability, age, religion, or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. We will create a workforce that is reflective of the communities we work and live in.
We are committed to the Disability Confidence Scheme, and as such we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. If you are a disabled candidate and have the skills, and or the experience for the job we will interview you. Just let us know in your application form. If you require adjustments or would like to discuss how we can best facilitate your candidate journey, please reach out to us.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.
Bottom of Form