Position: OTM Fitter/Operator- Rail Grinding
Division: Rail Services
Reporting to: Team Leader/Regional Operations Manager
Colas Rail UK's, Services division are looking for candidates from an Engineering background to join a successful Rail Grinding Operations contract, that deliver Plain Line Grinding track treatment, this operation is a very niche and specialised operation, maintaining and operating some of the UKs most sophisticated Rail treatment fleet.
Full bespoke training would be given to the successful candidates, with great opportunity for advancement in supervisory and management roles for the right individuals. We have highly trained Trainers & Assessors to assist you in building your career with Colas Rail UK, we welcome new talent into our team and look forward in helping your development in the near future.
- Salary range £37,067 to £43,626
- Full bespoke training given- Experience is not necessary!
- Company phone provided- UK mobile
- Overtime opportunities
- Lodging, food allowance and travel included
- Opportunities for candidates to be trained as Train Drivers
- Excellent Employee Benefits
- Responsible for booking on and off duty at the time and place directed by duty manager or senior production manager
- Wear personal protective clothing P.P.C. as supplied
- Maintain clear and open communications, verbal and written, with Rugby Rail Plant Control Room- Help Desk
- Work to a safe and competent standard
- Responsible for absorbing and retaining knowledge trained on
- Carry out emergency procedures as and when required
- Full Training will be given on the operation of the OTMs
- Responsible to, and if possible, repair service faults and failures
- Report all service faults and failures immediately both in writing and verbally to the Rugby Rail Plant Control Desk- Help Desk
- Operate on track machines in accordance with Railway Standards
- Carry out all aspects of maintenance and safety checks and assist specialist Fitter staff when fixing a machine breakdown or problem
- Assist Specialist Fitter staff carry out all aspects of maintenance
- Responsible for the immediate verbal reporting of machine faults and failures to Rugby Rail Plant Control Desk
- To complete all maintaining duties that are under the Maintenance fitter Assessment Scheme
Experience, Knowledge, Technical Skills†and Qualifications
- Good knowledge of computer and phone skills, Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook Knowledge
- Flexible, honest, and punctual
- Good Communication Skills
- In possession of a Clean Full and Valid road vehicle driving license to be able to drive company vehicles
- Willing to continue learning and be trained
- Maintain a positive attitude and sense of professional pride
- Able to perform weekend and night shift duties
- Mechanically minded
- Team worker
- Good knowledge of computer/phone skills
- Certified in Vehicle, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
And what do we offer?
At Colas Rail we know how important job satisfaction is for everyone to support with life at home, your health and financial well-being, that's why in return we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Business fuel card* (for business fuel purchases only)
- Industry leading Life Assurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Wellbeing Employee Assistant Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Long Service Award
- Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health Service
Joining Colas Rail UK provides the opportunity to not only establish yourself within one of the rail industry's biggest and most prestigious, multi-disciplined contractors, providing you with a springboard that can take you career to new heights.
We take pride in nurturing talent and providing opportunities for you to unlock your potential at whatever stage you are in your career. We encourage cross-collaboration and innovation and if you are interested in learning Colas Rail will enable that.
Everyday we work together safely to solve real problems, with a shared goal of enhancing the Infrastructure and Logistics which is key to the UK Rail Network and wider Supply Chain. Everyone here has a voice and we encourage all to speak up, discuss their ideas and implement them.
We are always looking for passionate people to join our business and with several bases across the UK, there are plenty of opportunities to join our vibrant, creative, and diverse teams.
Colas Rail hold three core values: Caring, Sharing and Daring. We take care our of our employees, always ensuring safety is a top priority and we nurture our collective wellbeing. We share a passion for what we do, celebrate our achievements and value high standards like nowhere else. We dare to take on new challenges, we are one of the international leaders in our industry. We keep on innovating, expanding, and conquering new markets.
The performance of Colas Rail UK is dependent upon improving and developing the skills and abilities of all employees, and our Equal Opportunities Policy, above all else, aims to achieve this objective.
- Engage and Care- Engage and stay close to our client. Provide sustainable solutions that you truly care about and join us in having an impact on the Infrastructure of the UK.
- Execute and Share- Share our joint passion for the important work executed every day at Colas Rail. Share in our success, our diversity, our development and execute our project plans.
- Energy and Dare- Display the energy of a leader, champion your teams. Dare to think innovatively and explore new horizons.
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability, age, religion, or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. We will create a workforce that is reflective of the communities we work and live in.