Job Title: Communications Assistant
Contract: Full-time (fixed term until 31st March 2022)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Salary: £8.91 Per hour
Contact: Alison Robson, Alison.Robson@thera.co.uk
About the role:
Thera Trust is a registered charity and leads the Thera Group, which provides support to adults with a learning disability across the UK.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our busy communications team as Communications Assistant, with a focus on digital communications. The role will primarily support the audit and review of Thera’s website alongside the Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Officer.
As part of your role, you will support local Thera subsidiary companies to use their social media channels to engage with their audiences, including creating content such as graphics, stories, blogs and videos.
The post is for 39 hours per week, working Monday to Friday and is a fixed term contract until 31 March 2022.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn and develop your skills in marketing and communications.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the audit and review of Thera’s website to ensure it meets the organisation’s needs, now and in the future
- Working with local Thera subsidiary companies across England and Scotland to share their news and stories on social media and other online channels, including planning campaigns
- Gathering and creating content, including videos, graphics and written content
- Adhering to GDPR principles in all elements of work
- Providing support to the wider communications team as required
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and qualities:
- An interest in digital communications, including social media and websites
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Team player
- Keen to learn and develop
It's essential that you identify with Thera's vision and values and are passionate about working for an organisation which strives to improve the lives of people with a learning disability.
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate.