Ted's Guide to what the Midweight Photographer does around here
Ted's Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted's high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: 'Would Ted do it that way?'
Purpose of the role
Working within Ted's Ecommerce team in Ted Baker's in-house photography studio, the Midweight Photographer shoots high quality model and still life photography for Ted Baker online.
Reporting to the Senior Photographer and working closely with the Ecommerce team, the role of the Midweight Photographer provides all areas of the business with commercial and creative photography.
We are looking for a talented and highly creative photographer who can take our online imagery to the next level.
This role is ideal for a hard-working, creative and self-motivated individual. High standards, brand awareness, understanding of product and a desire to create the best quality images are essential.
- To shoot high quality model and still life photography at volume for Ted Baker online in accordance with the In House Style Guide.
- To assist on creative and social shoots where necessary
- To provide high quality imagery for online editorial features or marketing collateral
- To research current styles and trends within product photography for development and growth of the Ted Baker brand and website
- To maintain a consistent and organised work-flow, meet daily booked tasks and KPIs, aiming to exceed targets and deadlines
- Liaise with Studio producer on schedules and targets per set required.
- To prepare your working set, checking that all equipment is fully functional and correctly maintained
- Image selection, naming, cropping and processing of all images shot, maintaining file size and any relevant specifications
- To take an active interest in product knowledge & trade information
- To actively share best practices with the team, and help mentor the Junior Photographers.
- To take responsibility for the studio when Senior Photographer is absent
- To be present in pre production meetings and communicate with various stakeholders across Ted Baker.
- Take direction from the Senior Photographer and confidently collaborate with the other team members (Content editor, Design, Stylists, Hair and Makeup Artist, Models and Assistants) to follow briefs and produce on brand creative work for ecommerce content shoots
- Portfolio that demonstrates the applied techniques required for Editorial, Ecom and stills product photography (composition, lighting, capture, and processing).
- Ability to art direct and also take direction, working well alone and in a team.
- Degree or equivalent in photography, or relevant creative degree
- Previous experience in a professional studio photography environment
- Good knowledge of Capture One, various lighting environments, photography equipment and best practices/conventions for set safety
- Self-motivated but able to work within a very close-knit team
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experienced user of Canon camera systems and Profoto lighting.
- Additional experience of using larger format cameras such as Phase One.
- Video capture and editing experience a plus
- To be able to work well under pressure and have a flexible attitude