Ted's guide to what the Photographer does round here.
Working within Ted's eCommerce team in Ted Baker's in-house photography studio, the Photographer shoots high quality model photography for Ted Baker online.
Reporting to the Senior Photographer and working closely with the eCommerce team, the role of Photographer provides all areas of the business with commercial and creative photography.
We are looking for a talented and highly creative photographer who can take our online imagery to the next level.
This role is ideal for a hard-working, creative and self-motivated individual. High standards, brand awareness, understanding of product and a desire to create the best quality images are essential.
- To shoot high quality model photography at volume for Ted Baker online in accordance with the In House Style Guide.
- To shoot Still life photography if and when required.
- To assist on creative and social shoots where necessary
- To provide high quality imagery for online editorial features or marketing collateral
- To research current styles and trends within product photography for development and growth of the Ted Baker brand and website
- To maintain a consistent and organised work-flow, meet daily booked tasks and KPIs, aiming to exceed targets and deadlines
- Liaise with Studio producer on schedules and targets per set required.
- To prepare your working set, checking that all equipment is fully functional and correctly maintained
- Image selection, naming, cropping and processing of all images shot, maintaining file size and any relevant specifications
- To take an active interest in product knowledge & trade information
- To actively share best practices with the team, and help mentor the Junior Photographers.
- To take responsibility for the studio when Senior Photographer is absent
- To be present in pre production meetings and communicate with various stakeholders across Ted Baker.
- Take direction from the Senior Photographer and confidently collaborate with the other team members (Content editor, Design, Stylists, Hair and Makeup Artist, Models and Assistants) to follow briefs and produce on brand creative work for ecommerce content shoots
- Portfolio that demonstrates the applied techniques required for Editorial, Ecom and stills product photography (composition, lighting, capture, and processing).
- Ability to art direct and also take direction, working well alone and in a team.
- Degree or equivalent in photography, or relevant creative degree
- previous experience in a professional studio photography environment
- Good knowledge of Capture One, various lighting environments, photography equipment and best practices/conventions for set safety
- Self-motivated but able to work within a very close-knit team
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Mac OSX and PC computing platforms
- Experienced user of Canon camera systems and Profoto lighting.
- Additional experience of using larger format cameras such as Phase One.
- Video capture and editing experience a plus
- To be able to work well under pressure and have a flexible attitude