Ted's guide to what the Still Life Photographer does round here….
Working within Ted's eCommerce team in Ted Baker's in-house photography studio, the Still Life Photographer shoots high quality still life photography for Ted Baker online.
Reporting to the Senior Still Life Photographer and working closely with the eCommerce team, the role of Still Life Photographer provides all areas of the business with commercial and creative photography.
We are looking for a talented and highly creative photographer who can assist the photography team to take our online imagery to the next level.
This role is ideal for a hard-working, creative and self-motivated individual. High standards, a passion for fashion, understanding of product and a desire to create the best quality images are essential.
- To shoot high quality photography at volume for Ted Baker online.
- To consistently produce high quality and on-brand imagery, taking ownership and responsibility for the quality of your output.
- To provide high quality imagery for Ted's social channels, and on occasion online editorial features and marketing collateral.
- To research current styles and trends within ecommerce photography for development and growth of the Ted Baker brand and website.
- To maintain a consistent and organised workflow, meet daily booked tasks and KPIs, aiming to exceed targets and deadlines.
- To prepare your working set, checking that all equipment is fully functional and correctly maintained.
- Image selection, naming, cropping and processing of all images shot, maintaining file size and any relevant specifications.
- Communicating with the retouching team to increase efficiency and maximum output.
- To take an active interest in product knowledge & trade information.
- To actively share best practices with the team, and help mentor new staff.
- Portfolio that demonstrates the applied techniques of E-commerce and creative still life photography (composition, lighting, capture, and processing), as well as pre-production and post-production steps.
- Ecommerce studio experience is a must.
- Ability to art direct and also take direction, working well alone and in a team
- Degree or equivalent in photography, or relevant creative degree
- Previous experience in a professional studio photography environment
- Good knowledge of common digital capture platforms, various lighting environments, photography equipment and best practices/conventions for set safety
- Self-motivated but able to work within a very close-knit team
- Knowledge of Mac OSX and PC computing platforms
- Capture one knowledge essential