Delt is a brilliant contradiction and we’re growing. A dynamic and agile private sector company with a serious conscience, that’s wholly owned by the public sector. It’s somewhere you can do the right things for the right reasons while playing a real part in a growing business.
Would you like to combine your public sector experience with the agility of the commercial sector? At Delt we use our influence and talent to drive our supply chain to deliver maximum societal benefit in everything we do.
We are recruiting for a Category Manager to join our Procurement Team. It is expected that you will be in our Plymouth office up to two days a week (travel to the office is at employees own cost). Could you see yourself working for a values-driven company that has people at its centre? This is the best job you’ll ever have. If you doubt that, then come and talk to us and see what all the fuss is about.
Sadly, we are unable to consider applications from candidates who require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Have CIPS level 5 (essential) with a willingness to study to CIPS level 6?
• Want to join an organisation that’s helping its customers do amazing things?
• have working knowledge of public sector procurement regulations, and can you apply them to achieve maximum value?
• have a track record of delivering value through effective procurement to maximise the benefit to your customers
• have a full appreciation of contractual terms and conditions with sound understanding and experience of Supplier Relationship Management and sound general commercial awareness?
• Have experience in procurement and have a passion for delivering exceptional service and value to your customers.
• Deliver high value complex procurements to quality, time and budget
• Operate in a dynamic environment where you’ll be shaping agile services and influencing thinking. Just imagine how much fun that would be!
• Work in a department that delivers to the routine whilst driving innovation in the services we deliver for our customers?
• Drive changes to systems and processes to make our services more effective and efficient?
Working with stakeholders, customers and suppliers, you’ll be involved and closely aligned with the business and negotiating with our suppliers in a range of areas. We work extremely hard for the 15,000 customers we serve across Devon and we’re looking for people who share our passion for excellent service delivery.
Our employee proposition is pretty great too, with an overall package that recognises the importance of life in work/life balance and gives you the opportunity to keep learning new things. If you want to know about the total package we offer, please see below
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Up to 12 flex days a year
- Flexible working including opportunities to work from home
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 10% of salary
- Life assurance scheme
- Opportunities to buy and sell leave
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Opportunities for training to be funded by Delt.
- Performance Related Pay
- Employee assistance programme supporting mental and physical wellbeing
Deadline for applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please apply early. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy as suitable candidates are identified.