JOB TITLE: Health & Wellbeing - Sessional Exercise Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Chelsea FC Foundation
REPORTING TO: Health & Wellbeing Officers & Coordinators
JOB FUNCTION: To support the delivery of Chelsea FC Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing Programmes (Activate Seniors, Bridging Forces, Bridging the Blues, Active Families and Healthy Schools). Delivering unique population health activities for young people and adults in Community and School Settings.
LOCATION: Various community and school settings across West London.
HOURS: Varied & flexible – generally weekdays during school and community hours but you can be required to work evenings and weekend sessions too.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• To support Chelsea FC Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing Officers with the delivery of weekly physical activity and social prescribing sessions, offering high quality sessions to enhance a participant’s health & wellbeing.
• Work collaboratively with local NHS providers and community groups to deliver specialist population exercise activities, to reduce health care inequalities and promote healthy behaviours in targeted groups.
• Support the delivery of all current programmes including but not exhausted; Activate Seniors (over 50s), Bridging Forces (ex-service personnel), Population Health & Social Prescribing (Imperial College NHS Trust), Active Families and Healthy Schools (Primary School Students).
• Deliver a first-class provision of activities across various venues throughout West London. Liaising with Education Providers, NHS Staff, community groups, facility managers, parents and carers to ensure all activity is delivered in safe and enjoyable environments.
• Ensure all delivery equipment and activities are risk assessed and that participants within CFCF provision are safeguarded according to the CFCF policies and procedures.
• Plan and deliver engaging and informative sessions that will offer sustained participation with CFCF, ensuring session plans are readily available on request from internal and external assessors.
• To be well presented at all times wearing Chelsea FC uniform and be available at venues ready to start sessions at least 15 minutes prior to activities commencing.
• To prepare session plans and ensure participation forms, recording sheets, risk assessments and registers are completed accurately and given to the appropriate CFCF or associated staff member.
• To follow safeguarding policies and procedures as outlined by Chelsea FC Foundation and report any safeguarding/welfare incidents that may take place during, before and after a session to the relevant officer, as well as the production of risk assessments for every session.
• You will be responsible for the welfare of participants in your care and should not leave them in the care of others. You should ensure that all children are signed in and out of all activities by a parent, carer or teacher/associated staff member.
• To communicate your availability efficiently & effectively with Health and Wellbeing Officers/Coordinators and assist in all activities as requested by the Area Leads. Attend in-service training sessions when required and maintain the CFCF fit for purpose criteria in adherence with the terms and conditions of the Sessional Worker Engagement Agreement.
• Deliver additional roles and responsibilities as required by the Chelsea FC Foundation and Ad hoc duties as requested by Chelsea FC Foundation Management staff.
DO THE RIGHT THING (Our Expectations):
• To demonstrate and live by the club’s values; Here to Win, Be Brave, Do the Right Thing, Play Your Part, Many Teams, One Club and Proud to Be Chelsea
• To adhere to the Foundation’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and GDPR.
• To act as an ambassador for diversity, equality, and inclusion, and demonstrate a positive commitment by treating others fairly in line with our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy and reporting any acts of discrimination through appropriate channels
• To create a safe environment and act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are either in your care or attending club premises, and report any concerns to the Safeguarding Lead
• To report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the HR Department
HERE TO WIN (Measures of Performance):
• Delivering engaging and successful activities, sessions and programmes.
PROUD TO BE CHELSEA (Person Specification):
• Hold a minimum Level 2 Gym Instructor Qualification.
• Emergency Aid & Safeguarding Children Certificates.
• Level 3 Personal Training or Exercise Referral Qualification
• Level 4 Specialist Exercise Qualification IE Stroke, Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab, Falls Prevention.
• Mental Health First Aid / Dementia Friendly Training
• Football Coaching or Sports Coaching Qualification.
• Certified Nutrition qualification.
• Hold a clean driving license & have own transport or be willing to use public transport to travel across the working area.
• Experience of supporting individuals and groups through physical activity to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
• Ability to engage a range community groups, including (but not limited to) isolated older adults, school groups and ex-service personnel, delivering inclusive activities with a focus on Equality and Diversity.
• Good communication and organisation skills.
• Confident and outgoing personality.
• Knowledge and understanding of the risks and procedures associated with delivering physical activity to community groups with complex medical conditions.
• Ability to share knowledge of diet and nutrition and living a healthy lifestyle.
• A good understanding of Education Providers, Leisure Facilities and local community and charitable organisations supporting health and social care.
• Experience working within a youth/ school setting.
• Experience delivering nutritional content.
• Experience of working within the sport or charity industry.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.