JOB TITLE: Reception Manager
DEPARTMENT: Hotel Front Office
REPORTING TO: House Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Manage the reception teams, enhancing guests stay experiences whilst securing financial returns
DIRECT REPORTS: Reception Supervisors, Day receptionists
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge
CONTRACT: 40 hours, 5 out of 7 days
PLAY YOUR PART (Main Responsibilities):
• Leading the reception team to enhance guest’s stay experience by welcome, check in, check out, special requests, room allocations and guest relations.
• Coordinating with other departments to ensure consistent standards are maintained and checks are in place.
• Ensuring financial processors and audits are completed by the team to ensure the hotel is not at a financial risk and all outstanding payments are recovered.
• The department is led, and team members directed in a manner where they are motivated and engaged with their role.
• Driving team members to achieve their objectives/ targets and development goals.
• Being pro-active and managing room inventory ahead of challenging days.
• Working as a duty manager in an allocated shift when required.
• Assisting H&S protocols in the hotel.
• Financial- Driving incremental revenue for the department and managing costs within budget.
DO THE RIGHT THING (Our Expectations):
• To demonstrate and live by the club’s values; Here to Win, Be Brave, Do the Right Thing, Play Your Part, Many Teams, One Club and Proud to Be Chelsea.
• To adhere to the club’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and GDPR.
• To act as an ambassador for diversity, equality, and inclusion, and demonstrate a positive commitment by treating others fairly in line with our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy and reporting any acts of discrimination through appropriate channels.
• To create a safe environment and act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are either in your care or attending club premises and report any concerns to the Safeguarding Lead.
• To report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the HR Department.
HERE TO WIN (Measures of Performance):
• Customer Feedback • Audits • PDP
PROUD TO BE CHELSEA (Person Specification):
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with both customers and members of staff.
• Excellent customer care skills.
• Able to work shifts as required (flexibility).
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to train staff effectively.
• Good Organisation and administration.
• Able to work as a team player and a leader.
• Opera (PMS/ORS system) working knowledge.
• Minimum 12 months years’ experience in hotel reception management where you have led a team (confident reception supervisors will also be considered). Skills and Behaviours:
• Positive attitude
• Managerial/ People skills
• Able to think on their feet
• Leadership • Inspirational
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate. This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.