JOB TITLE: Groundstaff
REPORTING TO: Grounds Manager
JOB FUNCTION: To provide support to the Grounds Manager in the maintenance and development of the playing surfaces, along with the conservation and enhancement of the wider site, ensuring that the health and safety procedures are followed to the full.
LOCATION: Cobham Training Ground, Stamford Bridge and Kingsmeadow. You would be required to work a minimum of 25 matches over the course of the season (Stamford Bridge & Kingsmeadow).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• Maintain general up-keep and cleanliness of the whole site.
• Undertaking general maintenance operations such as:
Devoting and repairing of pitches after matches and training sessions
• Undertaking general routine maintenance operations including:
Use of tractors and other various ride-on machinery
Use of pedestrian/hand-held machinery
Setting up, preparing and maintaining of all pitches and training areas to a high standard
Setting and marking out of all Pitches and Training areas
Applying various fertilisers using a tractor mounted spreader or pedestrian spreader
• Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and requirements within the Company and your role.
• Ensure that all equipment and machinery is properly maintained, secured and to report any faults or defects immediately.
• To work and act in a professional manner and wearing the appropriate uniform/work wear that will be provided at all times.
• Basic knowledge of Sports Turf Maintenance (or equivalent).
• Passionate and willing to work outdoors and in all weathers.
• Passionate and willing to work both in a team but also on your own initiative.
• Able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
• Good communication skills.
• Personal qualities include excellent time management, attention to detail and a friendly and outgoing personality.
• A flexible approach to working hours, particularly weekends and bank holidays is a must.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.