JOB TITLE: South and East Regional Lead Academy Scout (Youth)
REPORTING TO: Head of Local Recruitment & South & East Regional Academy Scout Co-ordinator
JOB FUNCTION: To provide accurate and actionable information on external players for the purposes of player recruitment through scouting of matches, live and on video. To record, present and manage reports and appropriate data for Regional Co-ordinator and Management.
Contract: Full Time Permanent - 40 Hours Per Week across 6 out of 7 working days
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
• Attend/watch games and report in line with the CFC reporting procedures and timeframes.
• Provide recommendations for your region in line with the CFC reporting procedures and timeframes.
• Scout across other regions nationally or internationally as directed by senior staff.
• Assist with planning of the weekly scout schedule for your region in line with the CFC reporting procedures and timeframes.
• Organise and if appropriate chair regular regional cell meetings, and attend all other scout meetings including Regional Coordinator Meetings as directed by management.
• Ensure regular communications with Regional Co-ordinator, Area Co-ords and Area Scouts in your region (conference calls, skype, Teams, Zoom, face to face meetings).
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the football culture and infrastructure within your region(s) including private academies and local non league, college provision.
• Develop and maintain a strong network of contacts within clubs in your designated regions including Sports Directors, Academy Managers, Coaches, Agents, and other key stakeholders.
• To have a good understanding of, and liaise as appropriate with Chelsea’s “Foundation” staff to assist in identifying talented young players in your region.
• To understand the local Development Centre’s and Integration Recruitment programmes and feed players to these as appropriate.
• Coordinate tournament coverage across the region and maintain a calendar of upcoming events. Liaise with other regional co-ordinators and line manager.
• Scout tournaments as directed by senior staff.
• Record details of the work undertaken in region in line with CFC Scout Management procedures.
• Assist in the collection of detailed background information on target players from your region.
• Maintain up to date, in depth knowledge on the in-house players at Chelsea FC across all age groups.
• Complete video scout assignments on a weekly basis as directed.
• Present updates from the region to senior recruitment staff regularly.
• Work on any other scouting project as required by Chelsea FC.
• To abide by Local league, schools, local FA, Premier League and FA rules and regulations and rules and ensure CFC and Academy policies and procedures are adhered to.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
• 5 – 6 Weekly matches reported on (Live and/or Video).
• Knowledge and understanding of other competitor academies within the region.
• Showcase/present details of the work undertaken in region in line with CFC Scout Management procedures.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the football culture and infrastructure within your region(s).
• Identify, report, recommend and recruit players in the region.
• Valid driving licence.
• Minimum of FA Level 2 Talent ID Qualification and/or UEFA B Coaching Licence.
• Fluent in English.
• Valid DBS
• FA Talent ID Level 3
• FA Talent ID Level 4
• Valid Emergency First Aid
• Minimum 2 years’ scouting experience at a professional level.
• Extensive knowledge of the geographic region including culture, legislation, and football market.
• Willing to take responsibility and follow tasks to a successful completion.
• Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
• Highly computer literate in Office Suite and ability to use in-house systems.
• Confident communicator. Approachable and friendly manner.
• Organised and Diligent.
• Good knowledge of grassroots in addition to Academy football.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Academy policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.