JOB TITLE: Digital Education Officer
DEPARTMENT: Schools Education – Education - Foundation
REPORTING TO: Schools Education Manager
JOB FUNCTION: To lead on behalf of Chelsea FC Foundation in the delivery of the Premier League Inspires programme to help children and young people develop their digital intelligence and become better equipped to gain employment and strengthen work career opportunities. This will also include the delivery of established STEM programmes, and newly developed initiatives and opportunities.
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge
CONTRACT: 40 hours per week, any 5 of 7 days (including evenings, weekends and anti-social hours). Fixed Term for 1 Year.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- To promote and recruit participants into the Chelsea FC ‘Premier League Inspires’ Digital Intelligence programme from schools, and educational settings across a range of boroughs.
- To deliver the Premier League Inspires’ Digital Intelligence programme to participants.
- To recruit, retain and manage the relationships with young people, schools, and community settings prior to the PL Inspires’ programme.
- To lead on digital based education programmes for the department, producing exciting and innovative content for targeted groups and those who may be hard to reach.
- To identify key partners and potential funding streams for partnership work.
- To plan and deliver engaging activities for young people taking part in the PL Inspires’ programme.
- To communicate with schools and educational settings prior to programme to ensure retention, commitment and safeguarding.
- To ensure that all data, monitoring and evaluation is captured and inputted on Views.
- To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and young people to learn.
- To undertake any other Foundation activities that may be required in addition to the role.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- To develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including schools, colleges, local authority and voluntary sector organisations.
- To ensure that the PL Inspires programme is delivered within the budgetary constraints
- To achieve weekly and monthly targets as set out by the Schools Education Manager.
- To attend regular team and organisation meetings reporting key performance achievements/areas for improvement.
- To understand the Chelsea FC Digital Intelligence Framework and ensure that it is demonstrated across the PL Inspires delivery.
- To demonstrate the ability to drive and innovate new and existing opportunities individually and as part of a dynamic team.
- Ensure success stories are captured through working with Chelsea FC Foundation/Chelsea FC media staff.
- Educated to degree level or have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry sector.
- Level 2 Youth related qualification.
- FA / Sport Coaching Qualification, Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children Certificates.
- Teaching Qualifications (PETTL / PGCE)
- Sports Leader Tutor Qualifications.
- A knowledge and understanding of digital programmes and other STEM related activities.
- Experience of working with children & young people in primary and secondary school settings.
- Ability to manage own timetable, meet multiple deadlines and work flexible hours, which may include evenings and school holidays.
- Experience of coordinating Sessional Staff & Volunteers.
- Experience and/or knowledge of local primary and secondary schools.
- Experience of working on data inputting and working with a data inputting system.
- Knowledge of adhering to GDPR.
- Knowledge of Chelsea FC Foundation.
- Previous involvement within a Football Club’s Foundation.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.