JOB TITLE: Player Activation Executive
DEPARTMENT: Player Activation (Commercial)
REPORTING TO: Football Commercial Manager
JOB FUNCTION: The player activation executive will support and assist the Football Commercial Manager. Facilitating the administration and organisation of all the player activities outside the football pitch, making sure they are smoothly and successfully completed.
LOCATION: Stamford Bridge (occasionally Cobham)
CONTRACT: 40hrs per week, permanent.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- Responsible for planning the men's team, women's team, academy and ambassadors activities calendar.
- Liaising with the football department for monitoring and coordinating all football schedules and making sure all calendar changes are updated in a timely fashion,
- Organising and implementing the execution of open training at the Cobham grounds.
- Responsible for the management of all admin processes involving players, ambassadors and intermediaries (such as Purchase Orders, Invoices, appointment scheduling etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- As and when required assist the Football Commercial Manager on the ground with players filming and shooting, and the organising of events.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- Develops and nurtures a healthy, professional and proactive relationship with all stakeholders. while developing positive relationships with internal departments, football management staff, Club Ambassadors, external clients (including player representatives).
- Ensure that football management staff, the Club's commercial team, Marketing team, special events team, hospitality team and the Club's communications team are kept informed of pending requirements in good time and with a high level of detail.
- Maintain a regular and updated log of all player activity, providing all information required by internal departments, including commercial, legal and finance.
- Ensure world class client servicing to all internal departments and external clients.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Microsoft Basics (Excel, Word).
- Fluent in English and a minimum of one other European language (preferably French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian).
- Demonstratable success working in a highly pressurised environment.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Good communication skills being a calm and professional individual who works well under pressure and with high profile talent.
- Diligent and detail orientated.
- Willing to work between locations and to be flexible with working hours (including working weekends with possible international travel).
- A proven team player.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.