JOB TITLE: Buckinghamshire Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Area Development Manager
JOB FUNCTION: To implement, oversee and deliver high quality sports provision across the county of Buckinghamshire.
LOCATION: Amersham & Wycombe College.
CONTRACT: 40 hours per week, Fixed Terms (24 months).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- To develop and co-ordinate a Buckinghamshire wide sports development programme.
- To effectively plan, oversee and deliver a comprehensive school activity programme in Bucks.
- To be responsible, in liaison with the Area Development Manager, for the effective planning and preparation of all soccer schools delivered in Bucks.
- To work closely with the Area Development Manager to ensure all financial aspects of the programme are managed efficiently and effectively.
- To develop and enhance relationships with local youth football clubs in Bucks..
- To lead and develop a player pathway activity in Bucks.
- To lead on quality assurance checks of activity in Bucks on a bi-weekly basis.
- To deliver activities in partnership with funders and meet all obligations in respect of grant based funding.
- To understand and then develop relationships with key partners within the public and private sector.
- To oversee and support all sessional and volunteer staff through relevant training and mentoring.
- To seek opportunities to then implement new initiatives to enhance the delivery programme.
- To carry out duties with regard to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- To undertake any Foundation activities that maybe required in addition to the role.
- To implement a recruitment drive where and when necessary in line with the business need and that all staff comply with the Safeguarding, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Health and Safety policies at all times
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage young people to succeed and develop.
- To build relationships where possible and relevant with local authorities, government departments, football authorities, education authorities and other appropriate agencies.
- To develop a team of staff with a profitable and sustainable programme across Buckinghamshire.
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 FA coaching award.
- In date FA Safeguarding children & first aid certificate.
- Five GCSE's including maths and English.
- Clean driving licence.
- 1st 4 Sport Level 3 or 4 FA coaching award.
- Other sports qualifications.
- A Levels, degrees and/or masters.
- Worked as part of a team to achieve targets.
- An understanding of working to a budget.
- An understanding of community sport.
- Knowledge of the 'every child matters' framework.
- Previous experience of managing a project or team.
- To have devised and managed a budget.
- To have written successful bids.
- Knowledge of government agendas and funding streams.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.